Apr 23, 2013, 7:21 PM EST
Marcum was placed on the disabled list at the end of spring training because of biceps tendinitis and then developed neck inflammation while rehabbing his arm. But he has looked sharp in recent outings at extended spring training and is feeling strong.
Marcum signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with the Mets this past winter after posting a 3.70 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 109/41 K/BB ratio in 124 innings (21 starts) last season for the Brewers.
That’s a very talented group of starting pitchers. And only Marcum is over 30 years old.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Either the Rangers or the Twins had the winning bid.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
So who plays third base?
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
It’s like clockwork. A team signs a big free agent or two and someone argues that baseball is doomed without a salary cap. It’s always baloney, of course.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Via Jeeho Yoo of Seoul’s Yonhap News, right-hander Lucas Harrell and outfielder Jim Adduci both agreed to one-year deals Tuesday in the Korea Baseball Organization — Harrell with the KIA Tigers for $900K and Adduci with the Lotte Giants for $650K.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Arizona has been mentioned before as a potential landing spot for Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, but it was never really considered a strong likelihood. Maybe that perception should be changing …
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EST
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Darvish missed the final six weeks of the season with an elbow injury.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Possibly well-intentioned, possibly grandstanding. But it’s hard to see how this is in Congress’ bailiwick.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Based on what we know at the moment, the Cubs’ offer is the richest one out there.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Swarzak was due for a raise to around $1.5 million via arbitration.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Technology itself hasn’t changed how reporters do their jobs. Rather reader demand, newly obvious by technology, has done so.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Matsuzaka spent the past two seasons with the Mets.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Martinez served as Joe Maddon’s right-hand man since 2008.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
They’ve been linked to Justin Upton and Matt Kemp. But another power bat is a possibility.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Lavarnway was once a top-100 prospect.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
Breslow spent the past three seasons with the Red Sox.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 79
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)