Apr 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Choo has now been hit 10 times in 19 games. You can read yesterday’s post to see how far ahead of everyone else that is this early in a season, but here are some more stats for a little context:
• None of the other 29 teams have been hit by 10 pitches collectively and 13 of the 29 teams have been hit by five or fewer pitches.
• If you remove Choo from their total the other Reds have been hit a combined three times.
• Choo’s career-high is 17 plunkings in 156 games back in 2009.
• Choo has already been hit 10 times, but no other player in baseball has been hit more than four times.
Oh, and one more tidbit: He’s yet to charge the mound.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)