Apr 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Choo has now been hit 10 times in 19 games. You can read yesterday’s post to see how far ahead of everyone else that is this early in a season, but here are some more stats for a little context:
• None of the other 29 teams have been hit by 10 pitches collectively and 13 of the 29 teams have been hit by five or fewer pitches.
• If you remove Choo from their total the other Reds have been hit a combined three times.
• Choo’s career-high is 17 plunkings in 156 games back in 2009.
• Choo has already been hit 10 times, but no other player in baseball has been hit more than four times.
Oh, and one more tidbit: He’s yet to charge the mound.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)