Apr 23, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Tigers bullpen continues to be a mess, so it looks like they’re going back to Plan A: using Bruce Rondon. At least if the International League transaction wire is to be believed, because it notes that he was recalled today.
Rondon has pitched seven and two-thirds innings for Toledo so far this year and hasn’t given up any runs while allowing five hits. He has struck out nine and walked two. Maybe that means the Tigers have new confidence in him. Maybe it’s just that Detroit has played multiple extra innings games lately and Jim Leyland needs another option besides using Phil Coke for three innings like he did on Sunday.
Either way, it’s Rondon time.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17