Apr 23, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Tigers bullpen continues to be a mess, so it looks like they’re going back to Plan A: using Bruce Rondon. At least if the International League transaction wire is to be believed, because it notes that he was recalled today.
Rondon has pitched seven and two-thirds innings for Toledo so far this year and hasn’t given up any runs while allowing five hits. He has struck out nine and walked two. Maybe that means the Tigers have new confidence in him. Maybe it’s just that Detroit has played multiple extra innings games lately and Jim Leyland needs another option besides using Phil Coke for three innings like he did on Sunday.
Either way, it’s Rondon time.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)