Apr 23, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The Tigers bullpen continues to be a mess, so it looks like they’re going back to Plan A: using Bruce Rondon. At least if the International League transaction wire is to be believed, because it notes that he was recalled today.
Rondon has pitched seven and two-thirds innings for Toledo so far this year and hasn’t given up any runs while allowing five hits. He has struck out nine and walked two. Maybe that means the Tigers have new confidence in him. Maybe it’s just that Detroit has played multiple extra innings games lately and Jim Leyland needs another option besides using Phil Coke for three innings like he did on Sunday.
Either way, it’s Rondon time.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)