Apr 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson will miss his next turn in the rotation after taking bereavement leave from the Angels following a death in the family.
To replace Hanson on the roster the Angels called up David Carpenter from Triple-A, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that Jerome Williams will likely make the spot start in his place Wednesday against the Rangers.
Williams has been working long relief so far and threw 36 pitches Sunday, but he started 15 games for the Angels last season and has 92 career starts. Hanson will be eligible to rejoin the team Thursday.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (124)