Apr 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Tommy Hanson will miss his next turn in the rotation after taking bereavement leave from the Angels following a death in the family.
To replace Hanson on the roster the Angels called up David Carpenter from Triple-A, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that Jerome Williams will likely make the spot start in his place Wednesday against the Rangers.
Williams has been working long relief so far and threw 36 pitches Sunday, but he started 15 games for the Angels last season and has 92 career starts. Hanson will be eligible to rejoin the team Thursday.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 10
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 152
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (153)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)