Apr 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Tommy Hanson will miss his next turn in the rotation after taking bereavement leave from the Angels following a death in the family.
To replace Hanson on the roster the Angels called up David Carpenter from Triple-A, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that Jerome Williams will likely make the spot start in his place Wednesday against the Rangers.
Williams has been working long relief so far and threw 36 pitches Sunday, but he started 15 games for the Angels last season and has 92 career starts. Hanson will be eligible to rejoin the team Thursday.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)