Apr 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson will miss his next turn in the rotation after taking bereavement leave from the Angels following a death in the family.
To replace Hanson on the roster the Angels called up David Carpenter from Triple-A, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that Jerome Williams will likely make the spot start in his place Wednesday against the Rangers.
Williams has been working long relief so far and threw 36 pitches Sunday, but he started 15 games for the Angels last season and has 92 career starts. Hanson will be eligible to rejoin the team Thursday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 8
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 15
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 82
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8