Apr 23, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Last week I wrote a post ranking my favorite baseball movies and then started talking on Twitter about how “The Sandlot” is underrated.
FOX Sports North director of communications Becky Ross Mielke replied that “The Sandlot” was coming out on special edition DVD/Blue Ray to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie, so I joked back: “I would like to buy one for the whole internet. How much for that and free shipping?”
I never did get a price quote on that, but the Twins and FSN just sent out a press release announcing that they’ll show “The Sandlot” on the Target Field jumbotron after the May 19 game against the Red Sox. It’ll also be shown on FSN and the movie’s writer/director/narrator, David Mickey Evans, will be at the ballpark.
Assuming that the weather in Minnesota rises above, say, 50 degrees by mid-May the idea of watching a Twins-Red Sox game followed by one of the best baseball movies of all time sounds like a pretty fun evening. I will likely be there, shouting “you’re killing me Smalls” and “this better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch” to the annoyance of everyone around me.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)