Apr 23, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Last week I wrote a post ranking my favorite baseball movies and then started talking on Twitter about how “The Sandlot” is underrated.
FOX Sports North director of communications Becky Ross Mielke replied that “The Sandlot” was coming out on special edition DVD/Blue Ray to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie, so I joked back: “I would like to buy one for the whole internet. How much for that and free shipping?”
I never did get a price quote on that, but the Twins and FSN just sent out a press release announcing that they’ll show “The Sandlot” on the Target Field jumbotron after the May 19 game against the Red Sox. It’ll also be shown on FSN and the movie’s writer/director/narrator, David Mickey Evans, will be at the ballpark.
Assuming that the weather in Minnesota rises above, say, 50 degrees by mid-May the idea of watching a Twins-Red Sox game followed by one of the best baseball movies of all time sounds like a pretty fun evening. I will likely be there, shouting “you’re killing me Smalls” and “this better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch” to the annoyance of everyone around me.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 18
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)