Apr 23, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Last week I wrote a post ranking my favorite baseball movies and then started talking on Twitter about how “The Sandlot” is underrated.
FOX Sports North director of communications Becky Ross Mielke replied that “The Sandlot” was coming out on special edition DVD/Blue Ray to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie, so I joked back: “I would like to buy one for the whole internet. How much for that and free shipping?”
I never did get a price quote on that, but the Twins and FSN just sent out a press release announcing that they’ll show “The Sandlot” on the Target Field jumbotron after the May 19 game against the Red Sox. It’ll also be shown on FSN and the movie’s writer/director/narrator, David Mickey Evans, will be at the ballpark.
Assuming that the weather in Minnesota rises above, say, 50 degrees by mid-May the idea of watching a Twins-Red Sox game followed by one of the best baseball movies of all time sounds like a pretty fun evening. I will likely be there, shouting “you’re killing me Smalls” and “this better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch” to the annoyance of everyone around me.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)