Apr 23, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Last week I wrote a post ranking my favorite baseball movies and then started talking on Twitter about how “The Sandlot” is underrated.
FOX Sports North director of communications Becky Ross Mielke replied that “The Sandlot” was coming out on special edition DVD/Blue Ray to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie, so I joked back: “I would like to buy one for the whole internet. How much for that and free shipping?”
I never did get a price quote on that, but the Twins and FSN just sent out a press release announcing that they’ll show “The Sandlot” on the Target Field jumbotron after the May 19 game against the Red Sox. It’ll also be shown on FSN and the movie’s writer/director/narrator, David Mickey Evans, will be at the ballpark.
Assuming that the weather in Minnesota rises above, say, 50 degrees by mid-May the idea of watching a Twins-Red Sox game followed by one of the best baseball movies of all time sounds like a pretty fun evening. I will likely be there, shouting “you’re killing me Smalls” and “this better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch” to the annoyance of everyone around me.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)