Apr 23, 2013, 4:32 PM EST
It was 23 degrees for the first pitch of the Braves-Rockies game. It’s the coldest game on record at Coors Field. And it’s the first of a day-night doubleheader. Guys are slaughtering tauntauns out there just to keep warm in between pitches.
In the fourth inning B.J. Upton struck out on a 64 m.p.h. pitch from Jeff Francis. Seconds later Chip Caray, referring to a home run by Evan Gattis — whose nickname is El Oso Blanco — said Gattis hit one “un-BEAR-ably” far.
I love my job and I love the fact that it allows me to sit here and watch baseball at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, but man, this is pretty painful at the moment. Even with my team in the lead.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)