Apr 23, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT
It was 23 degrees for the first pitch of the Braves-Rockies game. It’s the coldest game on record at Coors Field. And it’s the first of a day-night doubleheader. Guys are slaughtering tauntauns out there just to keep warm in between pitches.
In the fourth inning B.J. Upton struck out on a 64 m.p.h. pitch from Jeff Francis. Seconds later Chip Caray, referring to a home run by Evan Gattis — whose nickname is El Oso Blanco — said Gattis hit one “un-BEAR-ably” far.
I love my job and I love the fact that it allows me to sit here and watch baseball at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, but man, this is pretty painful at the moment. Even with my team in the lead.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 31
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 6
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)