All-Star balloting has officially begun

Apr 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT

2013 All Star Game Logo

The All-Star balloting officially kicked off today with a big New York press conference complete with the usual hoopla.  What you want — the ballot — can be found right here.  Once again the ballot also features the Home Run Derby Fan Poll.  Fans will have the opportunity to select three players in each league who they would most like to see participate in the Home Run Derby. I couldn’t immediately find the Home Run Derby ballot. Maybe they’ve made a late decision to scrap it, knowing that Justin Upton would just totally own it anyway. Hard to say.

Vote early and often, my friends. And don’t forget to vote for Derek Jeter even though he won’t be able to play. Because it’ll be fun to see someone write the “you know he’d play if he could!” column.

The All-Star Teams will be unveiled on Sunday, July 7th on the 2013 MLB All-Star Game Selection Show. It’ll be televised nationally on TBS.

1. DonRSD - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Matt Harvey for NL All Star Game starting pitcher.

LETS GO METS!!!

2. bolweevils2 - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Kind of ridiculous we are supposed to be judging who is worthy of being an All-Star three weeks into the season.

• thomas844 - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I heard next season they will start the balloting during Spring Training.

• thebadguyswon - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Exactly. But then again, most things ‘All-Star game’ are ridiculous.

3. Ben - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

The absurdity of the all star game is encapsulated in the fact that voting begins before anyone has 100 PAs.

• historiophiliac - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

How was the hot chocolate?

• Ben - Apr 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I didn’t end up going. It was cold, and I wanted a burrito, so I got a chili rellenos burrito and went to the bookstore instead.

• historiophiliac - Apr 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Eh, same difference.

4. Stiller43 - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

1/8th of the way into the season? Wtf?

5. Stephen Jay - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Delmon Young is on the ballot!

• historiophiliac - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

*ate the ballot.

(FTFY)

6. josemartez - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I actually enjoy the all-star game, but the voting system is total bull.

7. shaggytoodle - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Jean Segura can keep playing as he has been should be SS. I understand that’s a ways, he has playing very well at the plate and even better in the field.

• Ben - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We can say with certainty he provided the most amusing moment of the year in stealing first base. I’d vote for him on the strength of that play alone.

8. heyblueyoustink - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

That bridge on the logo is missing something……. oh yeah, a massive traffic snarl!

9. lewp - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I think having the winner of the All-Star game having home field advantage for the World Series is stupid. Change the rules!

10. cowboysoldiertx - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I think the all star game should be played after the season. But hell that’s just me!!

• moogro - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Or, if not, have the team picked by the manager the week before. Or, by Fangraphs, or Prospectus or anyone but the fans. Attempt to have defensive ability matter. Not have the game determine home field in the world series. Less jingoism. Maybe lose the home run derby. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

11. Ralph - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

This time it counts!!

12. knowlegeforyou - Apr 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

If we are basing this off of the first three weeks, Coco Crisp is going to steal the show. hope the stupid giants fans don’t use that phone app again that turns 1 vote into 400,000

13. moogro - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Why?

14. jcmeyer10 - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I didn’t need one at bat to know I am voting for the entire D-Backs team just based on the Grit Factor for All-Star Voting or GFASV.

On a serious note, voting for Buchholz or Lester for the starting AL pitcher. Nice for that to be an actual possibility.

15. ravensallday2012 - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM

So mark Reynolds should be at the top of all list??? Kinda early

16. 18thstreet - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I can’t believe one player was snubbed when a different player was more deserving! This is an outrage!

Please print out this comment and read it in July. Because I’ll be completely irritated by then.

Also, Jack Morris Something Something.

17. ExcelCord® - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Reblogged this on On the Path to Greatness and commented:
    It’s that time of year again! Who are you voting for?

Three legends off to Cooperstown