Apr 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Iran has baseball. And a national team. I did not know this. But now, thanks to John Fitzgerald at Baseball United, I do.
John interviewed the coach of the Iranian national team and learned that they’ve been playing baseball in Iran for almsot 20 years. It’s still an extremely niche sport — its Unites States associations aren’t anywhere near as problematic for it as the fact that it is not soccer — but they’ve been playing in some international tournaments against mostly south Asian teams. They even have a Facebook page.
And then there is the video montage, set to Blur because, well, why not?
Cool stuff. Support baseball’s takeover of the world.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (141)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)