Carlos Quentin talked with Zack Greinke

Apr 24, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT

Carlos Quentin Getty Getty Images

Peace in our time?

“I did speak to Zack,” Quentin said. “First, I thank him for taking the time to speak to me. We were able to talk and have a good productive conversation. The details of that conversation are personal.”

Well, I guess we won’t know if there is actually peace or not, but I take “good, productive conversation” to mean that this stuff is over.

In his return from suspension last night Quentin had an RBI single. If Greinke’s broken collarbone is anything like the broken collarbone I suffered in 1994, he shifted on the couch once, heard and felt a disconcerting “clunk” in his shoulder and then reached for more painkillers.

1. heyblueyoustink - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

“The details of that conversation are personal.”

It’s like a hitter/pitcher privilege. Hmmm, maybe I should tackle the next co worker that disagrees with me and see if I get the same.

• andrewproughcfe - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Private conversation:

Quentin: “Next time I come out to the mound to beat your ass, do yourself a favor and just roll into a ball or play dead. Or run away – towards the outfield.”
      Greinke: “Let me write this down – Roll into ball, play dead, run away. Right – got it.”

• sportsfanjay - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Above is the comment of an idiot.

2. cur68 - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I hope Zack enquired about the state of Carlos’s junk. After getting mauled about like that, Carlos would have been a mite uncomfortable on the couch, too.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I had to abort a phone call when I read this because I was starting to giggle out loud.

Good show cur!

• historiophiliac - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Don’t be bringing up your politics here, now!

• historiophiliac - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I thought these were the kinds of conversations dudes used euphemisms for — it being so awkward as to inquire about another dude’s junk.

“How’s your shoulder?”
      “It’s okay….so, um, how’s…everything done with your suspension?”
      “I had to take my car into the shop. I was hoping to have it back by now, but I still can’t drive. Made the suspension kinda dull. Glad it’s over.”
      “Yeah, well, hopefully you get your car back soon.”
      “Gonna be a couple weeks more, they tell me.”
      “Sorry about that.”
      “Accidents happen, you know.” /shrugs

3. xpensivewinos - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

This story is incomplete until we find out what Tom Garfinkel has to say about all this. This is irresponsible journalism……….even by blogging standards :)

4. Ben - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM

5. DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Translation:

I still think he did it on purpose, but in so far as this could not possibly have turned out worse PR wise, I am doing my best to cut the losses

6. yahmule - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

This is a good thing. I understand teams get bored and decide to get scrappy with each other from time to time, but there’s no reason to have some lingering feud. Someone already got injured over this thing and there isn’t anybody (with a brain) who likes to see that.

• kopy - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

This comment is so good you should post it again below.

• 18thstreet - Apr 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Rhe Internet is closed for the rest of today. Good night, everyone.

7. yahmule - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

• yahmule - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Goddammit.

• abaird2012 - Apr 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

See above.

8. tfoltz - Apr 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Tomorrow we will find out that Greinke ruptured an eardrum during the conversation.

• gloccamorra - Apr 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

He shouldn’t have dropped his ear into the receiver, so it was his fault. Also, where was Ellis?

9. sdhwritedirblog - May 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

He’s a thug. What he did was assault and battery. Glad he had a “productive talk,” now he can spend a year in a productive jail.

10. sdhwritedirblog - May 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (3965)