Apr 24, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Ramirez is on track to embark on a minor league rehab assignment next week and is hoping to join the Dodgers after just three games on the farm.
Hanley was given an eight-week rehabilitation timetable when he tore a ligament in his right thumb while playing third base for the Dominican Republic in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. He had surgery on March 22 and should be ready for activation by the second week of May. That’s a pretty remarkable recovery for a guy often labeled as apathetic.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)