Apr 24, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Tsuyoshi Wada has yet to throw a pitch for the Orioles since signing a two-year, $8 million deal in December of 2011, suffering an elbow injury last spring that eventually required Tommy John surgery.
He’s on the comeback trail and Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the Orioles are targeting June 1 for the left-hander’s return from the disabled list. Dubroff notes that Wada threw four innings and 68 pitches in an extended spring training game and he’s a few weeks short of one year removed from surgery, so his timetable makes sense.
Obviously at this point no one knows what to expect from Wada once he’s healthy, but when the Orioles signed him out of Japan–where he had a 1.51 ERA in 185 innings in 2011–they viewed him as a potential mid-rotation starter.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)