Apr 24, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The Red Sox have recalled Daniel Bard from the Double-A Portland Seadogs.
Bard — who face-planted last year when the Sox attempted to make him a starter — has a 4.00 ERA with four walks and four strikeouts in nine innings so far this season. The Sox, apparently, think he’s been throwing OK, however, and frankly they need the help in the pen right now. Especially considering Alfredo Aceves may very well be stuffed in a box and shipped to Myanmar at some point soon.
Not figuring Bard will be there long, but he has a chance to wash the bad taste of last season out of everyone’s mouth.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 14
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)