Apr 24, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
The Red Sox have recalled Daniel Bard from the Double-A Portland Seadogs.
Bard — who face-planted last year when the Sox attempted to make him a starter — has a 4.00 ERA with four walks and four strikeouts in nine innings so far this season. The Sox, apparently, think he’s been throwing OK, however, and frankly they need the help in the pen right now. Especially considering Alfredo Aceves may very well be stuffed in a box and shipped to Myanmar at some point soon.
Not figuring Bard will be there long, but he has a chance to wash the bad taste of last season out of everyone’s mouth.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)