Apr 24, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The Red Sox have recalled Daniel Bard from the Double-A Portland Seadogs.
Bard — who face-planted last year when the Sox attempted to make him a starter — has a 4.00 ERA with four walks and four strikeouts in nine innings so far this season. The Sox, apparently, think he’s been throwing OK, however, and frankly they need the help in the pen right now. Especially considering Alfredo Aceves may very well be stuffed in a box and shipped to Myanmar at some point soon.
Not figuring Bard will be there long, but he has a chance to wash the bad taste of last season out of everyone’s mouth.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)