Apr 24, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
The Red Sox have recalled Daniel Bard from the Double-A Portland Seadogs.
Bard — who face-planted last year when the Sox attempted to make him a starter — has a 4.00 ERA with four walks and four strikeouts in nine innings so far this season. The Sox, apparently, think he’s been throwing OK, however, and frankly they need the help in the pen right now. Especially considering Alfredo Aceves may very well be stuffed in a box and shipped to Myanmar at some point soon.
Not figuring Bard will be there long, but he has a chance to wash the bad taste of last season out of everyone’s mouth.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)