Apr 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
We’ve heard from some people wondering whether Alfredo Aceves will accept his demotion to Triple-A.
Aceves has 72 hours to report to Triple-A after the Red Sox optioned him to the minors yesterday. He hasn’t arrived in Pawtucket yet, but you can be sure he’ll get there within the time limit if only because he wants his money.
Aceves has a $2.65 million contract for this season and would be forfeiting the remainder of that money if he declined the Triple-A assignment. That would be awful lot of cash to give up in the name of pride, even for someone known to be a little unstable emotionally.
Or, put another way: He might be crazy, but he isn’t stupid.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)