Apr 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
We’ve heard from some people wondering whether Alfredo Aceves will accept his demotion to Triple-A.
Aceves has 72 hours to report to Triple-A after the Red Sox optioned him to the minors yesterday. He hasn’t arrived in Pawtucket yet, but you can be sure he’ll get there within the time limit if only because he wants his money.
Aceves has a $2.65 million contract for this season and would be forfeiting the remainder of that money if he declined the Triple-A assignment. That would be awful lot of cash to give up in the name of pride, even for someone known to be a little unstable emotionally.
Or, put another way: He might be crazy, but he isn’t stupid.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)