Apr 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
We’ve heard from some people wondering whether Alfredo Aceves will accept his demotion to Triple-A.
Aceves has 72 hours to report to Triple-A after the Red Sox optioned him to the minors yesterday. He hasn’t arrived in Pawtucket yet, but you can be sure he’ll get there within the time limit if only because he wants his money.
Aceves has a $2.65 million contract for this season and would be forfeiting the remainder of that money if he declined the Triple-A assignment. That would be awful lot of cash to give up in the name of pride, even for someone known to be a little unstable emotionally.
Or, put another way: He might be crazy, but he isn’t stupid.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)