Apr 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
We’ve heard from some people wondering whether Alfredo Aceves will accept his demotion to Triple-A.
Aceves has 72 hours to report to Triple-A after the Red Sox optioned him to the minors yesterday. He hasn’t arrived in Pawtucket yet, but you can be sure he’ll get there within the time limit if only because he wants his money.
Aceves has a $2.65 million contract for this season and would be forfeiting the remainder of that money if he declined the Triple-A assignment. That would be awful lot of cash to give up in the name of pride, even for someone known to be a little unstable emotionally.
Or, put another way: He might be crazy, but he isn’t stupid.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)