Apr 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Cuts like a knife …
Chad Billingsley‘s Tommy John surgery went as expected yesterday. Will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 25, 2013
These things are pretty routine these days, of course. Unlike that Elton John surgery some people were talking about on Twitter yesterday. That one is tricky, even if the melodies are deceptively simple.
Figure a year and change until Billingsley comes back. In that time he’ll make $11 million this year and $12 million next year. If he makes good in 2014, there is a $14 million club option on him for 2015.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)