Apr 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Cuts like a knife …
Chad Billingsley‘s Tommy John surgery went as expected yesterday. Will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 25, 2013
These things are pretty routine these days, of course. Unlike that Elton John surgery some people were talking about on Twitter yesterday. That one is tricky, even if the melodies are deceptively simple.
Figure a year and change until Billingsley comes back. In that time he’ll make $11 million this year and $12 million next year. If he makes good in 2014, there is a $14 million club option on him for 2015.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 12
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)