Apr 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Cuts like a knife …
Chad Billingsley‘s Tommy John surgery went as expected yesterday. Will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 25, 2013
These things are pretty routine these days, of course. Unlike that Elton John surgery some people were talking about on Twitter yesterday. That one is tricky, even if the melodies are deceptively simple.
Figure a year and change until Billingsley comes back. In that time he’ll make $11 million this year and $12 million next year. If he makes good in 2014, there is a $14 million club option on him for 2015.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)