Apr 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Cuts like a knife …
Chad Billingsley‘s Tommy John surgery went as expected yesterday. Will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 25, 2013
These things are pretty routine these days, of course. Unlike that Elton John surgery some people were talking about on Twitter yesterday. That one is tricky, even if the melodies are deceptively simple.
Figure a year and change until Billingsley comes back. In that time he’ll make $11 million this year and $12 million next year. If he makes good in 2014, there is a $14 million club option on him for 2015.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)