Apr 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Cuts like a knife …
Chad Billingsley‘s Tommy John surgery went as expected yesterday. Will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 25, 2013
These things are pretty routine these days, of course. Unlike that Elton John surgery some people were talking about on Twitter yesterday. That one is tricky, even if the melodies are deceptively simple.
Figure a year and change until Billingsley comes back. In that time he’ll make $11 million this year and $12 million next year. If he makes good in 2014, there is a $14 million club option on him for 2015.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)