Apr 25, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It could mean nothing or it could mean the Orioles aren’t all that worried about his elbow, but Dylan Bundy’s trip to see Dr. James Andrews isn’t happening until Monday.
That would be nearly a full week after the Orioles announced that the 20-year-old stud prospect would get a second opinion from Andrews after having a setback following a flat-ground throwing session.
Bundy hasn’t thrown off a mound since late March, so maybe waiting a week to get him looked at now has no meaning. In the meantime Bundy will be re-examined by the Orioles team doctor who initially gave him an MRI exam three weeks ago.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)