Apr 25, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It could mean nothing or it could mean the Orioles aren’t all that worried about his elbow, but Dylan Bundy’s trip to see Dr. James Andrews isn’t happening until Monday.
That would be nearly a full week after the Orioles announced that the 20-year-old stud prospect would get a second opinion from Andrews after having a setback following a flat-ground throwing session.
Bundy hasn’t thrown off a mound since late March, so maybe waiting a week to get him looked at now has no meaning. In the meantime Bundy will be re-examined by the Orioles team doctor who initially gave him an MRI exam three weeks ago.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)