Apr 25, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Duane Below was claimed off waivers by the Marlins after being designated for assignment by the Tigers.
Below has a 4.06 ERA and 43/19 K/BB ratio in 75 innings as a big leaguer, but Miami will send him to Triple-A for now.
At age 27 he doesn’t have much upside, but Below is a left-handed starter with some decent numbers in the minors who’s held his own in the majors. Going from the rotation-rich Tigers to the talent-starved Marlins is probably a good career move for Below.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)