Apr 25, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Duane Below was claimed off waivers by the Marlins after being designated for assignment by the Tigers.
Below has a 4.06 ERA and 43/19 K/BB ratio in 75 innings as a big leaguer, but Miami will send him to Triple-A for now.
At age 27 he doesn’t have much upside, but Below is a left-handed starter with some decent numbers in the minors who’s held his own in the majors. Going from the rotation-rich Tigers to the talent-starved Marlins is probably a good career move for Below.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)