Apr 25, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Duane Below was claimed off waivers by the Marlins after being designated for assignment by the Tigers.
Below has a 4.06 ERA and 43/19 K/BB ratio in 75 innings as a big leaguer, but Miami will send him to Triple-A for now.
At age 27 he doesn’t have much upside, but Below is a left-handed starter with some decent numbers in the minors who’s held his own in the majors. Going from the rotation-rich Tigers to the talent-starved Marlins is probably a good career move for Below.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)