Apr 25, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Another day, another injured Dodgers pitcher.
Tolleson was called up on April 12 to take Zack Greinke‘s roster spot, but appeared in just one game before being shut down and later revealed that he was already hurt at the time of the promotion. Now he needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.
It’s a tough break for Tolleson, who at 25 years old appeared ready to stick in the majors for good after posting incredible numbers in the minors that included a 1.29 ERA and 184 strikeouts in 126 innings.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)