Apr 25, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Another day, another injured Dodgers pitcher.
Tolleson was called up on April 12 to take Zack Greinke‘s roster spot, but appeared in just one game before being shut down and later revealed that he was already hurt at the time of the promotion. Now he needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.
It’s a tough break for Tolleson, who at 25 years old appeared ready to stick in the majors for good after posting incredible numbers in the minors that included a 1.29 ERA and 184 strikeouts in 126 innings.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)