Apr 25, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Another day, another injured Dodgers pitcher.
Tolleson was called up on April 12 to take Zack Greinke‘s roster spot, but appeared in just one game before being shut down and later revealed that he was already hurt at the time of the promotion. Now he needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.
It’s a tough break for Tolleson, who at 25 years old appeared ready to stick in the majors for good after posting incredible numbers in the minors that included a 1.29 ERA and 184 strikeouts in 126 innings.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)