Apr 25, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Another day, another injured Dodgers pitcher.
Tolleson was called up on April 12 to take Zack Greinke‘s roster spot, but appeared in just one game before being shut down and later revealed that he was already hurt at the time of the promotion. Now he needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.
It’s a tough break for Tolleson, who at 25 years old appeared ready to stick in the majors for good after posting incredible numbers in the minors that included a 1.29 ERA and 184 strikeouts in 126 innings.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 41
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)