Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Yankees outfield prospect Mason Williams was arrested early this morning and charged with a DUI, according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger.
Williams was the Yankees’ fourth-round pick in 2010 and has emerged as an excellent prospect, with both Baseball America and MLB.com ranking him among their top 50 overall heading into this season. He’s currently playing at high Single-A as a 21-year-old.
McCullough reports that police stopped Williams for speeding and weaving in traffic, at which point he failed a field sobriety test even though his blood-alcohol level was slightly below the legal limit.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)