Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Yankees outfield prospect Mason Williams was arrested early this morning and charged with a DUI, according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger.
Williams was the Yankees’ fourth-round pick in 2010 and has emerged as an excellent prospect, with both Baseball America and MLB.com ranking him among their top 50 overall heading into this season. He’s currently playing at high Single-A as a 21-year-old.
McCullough reports that police stopped Williams for speeding and weaving in traffic, at which point he failed a field sobriety test even though his blood-alcohol level was slightly below the legal limit.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)