Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Yankees outfield prospect Mason Williams was arrested early this morning and charged with a DUI, according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger.
Williams was the Yankees’ fourth-round pick in 2010 and has emerged as an excellent prospect, with both Baseball America and MLB.com ranking him among their top 50 overall heading into this season. He’s currently playing at high Single-A as a 21-year-old.
McCullough reports that police stopped Williams for speeding and weaving in traffic, at which point he failed a field sobriety test even though his blood-alcohol level was slightly below the legal limit.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)