Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Yankees outfield prospect Mason Williams was arrested early this morning and charged with a DUI, according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger.
Williams was the Yankees’ fourth-round pick in 2010 and has emerged as an excellent prospect, with both Baseball America and MLB.com ranking him among their top 50 overall heading into this season. He’s currently playing at high Single-A as a 21-year-old.
McCullough reports that police stopped Williams for speeding and weaving in traffic, at which point he failed a field sobriety test even though his blood-alcohol level was slightly below the legal limit.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)