Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Yankees outfield prospect Mason Williams was arrested early this morning and charged with a DUI, according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger.
Williams was the Yankees’ fourth-round pick in 2010 and has emerged as an excellent prospect, with both Baseball America and MLB.com ranking him among their top 50 overall heading into this season. He’s currently playing at high Single-A as a 21-year-old.
McCullough reports that police stopped Williams for speeding and weaving in traffic, at which point he failed a field sobriety test even though his blood-alcohol level was slightly below the legal limit.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)