Apr 25, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
According to Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com, Yoenis Cespedes will begin a minor league rehab assignment this evening with Triple-A Sacramento. The Cuban outfielder hasn’t played since April 12 due to a strained muscle in his left hand, but he was cleared for game action after he through batting practice earlier this week with no issues.
Cespedes’ rehab assignment doesn’t figure to be a lengthy one. He’s eligible to return for Sunday’s series finale against the Orioles and there’s a good chance he’ll be ready by then as long as he can avoid a setback.
Cespedes was batting .200 (8-for-40) with three home runs and seven RBI in 11 games prior to the injury. The Athletics are off to a 13-9 start this season, but they have lost seven out of 12 games without him.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)