Apr 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Each player had another hat with the world “Cuban Missile” on the front with the player’s initials and number on the side … Chapman had the hats made for each team member, and every one was different, not just the initials and number, but also the colors and even the design of the words. Some were bright colors, others muted and some even had some sort of sparkling lettering.
And courtesy of the Reds’ official Twitter account, here’s proof:
Baseball players have a lot of time on their hands.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)