Apr 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Each player had another hat with the world “Cuban Missile” on the front with the player’s initials and number on the side … Chapman had the hats made for each team member, and every one was different, not just the initials and number, but also the colors and even the design of the words. Some were bright colors, others muted and some even had some sort of sparkling lettering.
And courtesy of the Reds’ official Twitter account, here’s proof:
Baseball players have a lot of time on their hands.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)