Apr 26, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Matt Adams was supposed to be mostly a bench bat for the Cardinals, but he hit so well that he worked his way into the lineup as a semi-regular … only to strain his oblique muscle Sunday.
Adams hasn’t played since and today the Cardinals placed him on the disabled list, calling up infielder Jermaine Curtis from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster.
It’s a tough break for Adams, because he’s always put up huge numbers in the minors and had a hard enough time forcing his way into the lineup at age 24. And now he takes a ridiculous .542 batting average and 1.634 OPS to the DL.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 36
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)