Apr 26, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Matt Adams was supposed to be mostly a bench bat for the Cardinals, but he hit so well that he worked his way into the lineup as a semi-regular … only to strain his oblique muscle Sunday.
Adams hasn’t played since and today the Cardinals placed him on the disabled list, calling up infielder Jermaine Curtis from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster.
It’s a tough break for Adams, because he’s always put up huge numbers in the minors and had a hard enough time forcing his way into the lineup at age 24. And now he takes a ridiculous .542 batting average and 1.634 OPS to the DL.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)