Apr 26, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Matt Adams was supposed to be mostly a bench bat for the Cardinals, but he hit so well that he worked his way into the lineup as a semi-regular … only to strain his oblique muscle Sunday.
Adams hasn’t played since and today the Cardinals placed him on the disabled list, calling up infielder Jermaine Curtis from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster.
It’s a tough break for Adams, because he’s always put up huge numbers in the minors and had a hard enough time forcing his way into the lineup at age 24. And now he takes a ridiculous .542 batting average and 1.634 OPS to the DL.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)