Apr 26, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Remember earlier this month when Evan Longoria said that James Shields and B.J. Upton couldn’t “shake the Devil Rays mentality” and thus strongly implied that their departure was good for the Rays? Yeah, that was kinda messed up. As Marc Topkin reports today, however, the hatchet has been buried. Longoria reached out and apologized.
In other news, Shields’ Royals sit at 11-8 and Upton’s Braves are at 15-6. Longoria’s Rays, meanwhile are 10-12 and maybe could use a bit of their mentality at the moment.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)