Apr 26, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Remember earlier this month when Evan Longoria said that James Shields and B.J. Upton couldn’t “shake the Devil Rays mentality” and thus strongly implied that their departure was good for the Rays? Yeah, that was kinda messed up. As Marc Topkin reports today, however, the hatchet has been buried. Longoria reached out and apologized.
In other news, Shields’ Royals sit at 11-8 and Upton’s Braves are at 15-6. Longoria’s Rays, meanwhile are 10-12 and maybe could use a bit of their mentality at the moment.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)