Apr 26, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Remember earlier this month when Evan Longoria said that James Shields and B.J. Upton couldn’t “shake the Devil Rays mentality” and thus strongly implied that their departure was good for the Rays? Yeah, that was kinda messed up. As Marc Topkin reports today, however, the hatchet has been buried. Longoria reached out and apologized.
In other news, Shields’ Royals sit at 11-8 and Upton’s Braves are at 15-6. Longoria’s Rays, meanwhile are 10-12 and maybe could use a bit of their mentality at the moment.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)