Apr 26, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
Remember earlier this month when Evan Longoria said that James Shields and B.J. Upton couldn’t “shake the Devil Rays mentality” and thus strongly implied that their departure was good for the Rays? Yeah, that was kinda messed up. As Marc Topkin reports today, however, the hatchet has been buried. Longoria reached out and apologized.
In other news, Shields’ Royals sit at 11-8 and Upton’s Braves are at 15-6. Longoria’s Rays, meanwhile are 10-12 and maybe could use a bit of their mentality at the moment.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)