Apr 26, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
After Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick got Daniel Murphy for the second out of the inning in tonight’s affair in Queens, home plate umpire Brian O’Nora ran off the field suddenly. The Phillies broadcast suggested the ump might have been battling the flu, but it was soon reported in the press box at Citi Field that O’Nora had swallowed his chew. Yuck.
This ranks right up there among weird reasons baseball games have been delayed. Ahead of or behind the bees at Petco Park in 2009?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)