Apr 26, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
After Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick got Daniel Murphy for the second out of the inning in tonight’s affair in Queens, home plate umpire Brian O’Nora ran off the field suddenly. The Phillies broadcast suggested the ump might have been battling the flu, but it was soon reported in the press box at Citi Field that O’Nora had swallowed his chew. Yuck.
This ranks right up there among weird reasons baseball games have been delayed. Ahead of or behind the bees at Petco Park in 2009?
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)