Apr 26, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
He’s too young to have that Devil Rays Mentality Evan Longoria keeps going on about, so it must be something else:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Tampa Bay Rays Minor League right-handed pitcher Jose Disla has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol and Nandrolone, performance-enhancing substances in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Disla, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Rays, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Still waiting for a big leaguer to get suspended. Want to read those “the drug testing program must be broken because people are getting caught” columns foolish people enjoy writing.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)