Apr 26, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
He’s too young to have that Devil Rays Mentality Evan Longoria keeps going on about, so it must be something else:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Tampa Bay Rays Minor League right-handed pitcher Jose Disla has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol and Nandrolone, performance-enhancing substances in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Disla, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Rays, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Still waiting for a big leaguer to get suspended. Want to read those “the drug testing program must be broken because people are getting caught” columns foolish people enjoy writing.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)