Apr 26, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
He’s too young to have that Devil Rays Mentality Evan Longoria keeps going on about, so it must be something else:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Tampa Bay Rays Minor League right-handed pitcher Jose Disla has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol and Nandrolone, performance-enhancing substances in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Disla, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Rays, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Still waiting for a big leaguer to get suspended. Want to read those “the drug testing program must be broken because people are getting caught” columns foolish people enjoy writing.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)