Apr 26, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
He’s too young to have that Devil Rays Mentality Evan Longoria keeps going on about, so it must be something else:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Tampa Bay Rays Minor League right-handed pitcher Jose Disla has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol and Nandrolone, performance-enhancing substances in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Disla, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Rays, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Still waiting for a big leaguer to get suspended. Want to read those “the drug testing program must be broken because people are getting caught” columns foolish people enjoy writing.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)