Apr 26, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
I assume that football people would view this Ron Darling rant against the NFL draft — inspired by the fact that draft coverage was squeezing out baseball coverage on SNY yesterday — as something as ignorant as I view most baseball commentary by football people.
But he used the word “jabroni” and that more than makes up for it.
My problem with the draft isn’t that it’s not important for the sport (it clearly is) or that it’s not important to fans (it totally is). It’s that it takes itself so damn seriously.
Really: when the revolution comes, these guys are gonna be the first ones up against the wall.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11