Apr 26, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
I assume that football people would view this Ron Darling rant against the NFL draft — inspired by the fact that draft coverage was squeezing out baseball coverage on SNY yesterday — as something as ignorant as I view most baseball commentary by football people.
But he used the word “jabroni” and that more than makes up for it.
My problem with the draft isn’t that it’s not important for the sport (it clearly is) or that it’s not important to fans (it totally is). It’s that it takes itself so damn seriously.
Really: when the revolution comes, these guys are gonna be the first ones up against the wall.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (114)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)