Apr 26, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
I assume that football people would view this Ron Darling rant against the NFL draft — inspired by the fact that draft coverage was squeezing out baseball coverage on SNY yesterday — as something as ignorant as I view most baseball commentary by football people.
But he used the word “jabroni” and that more than makes up for it.
My problem with the draft isn’t that it’s not important for the sport (it clearly is) or that it’s not important to fans (it totally is). It’s that it takes itself so damn seriously.
Really: when the revolution comes, these guys are gonna be the first ones up against the wall.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)