Apr 26, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
I assume that football people would view this Ron Darling rant against the NFL draft — inspired by the fact that draft coverage was squeezing out baseball coverage on SNY yesterday — as something as ignorant as I view most baseball commentary by football people.
But he used the word “jabroni” and that more than makes up for it.
My problem with the draft isn’t that it’s not important for the sport (it clearly is) or that it’s not important to fans (it totally is). It’s that it takes itself so damn seriously.
Really: when the revolution comes, these guys are gonna be the first ones up against the wall.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 29
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)