Apr 26, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes will likely be activated on Sunday, according to MLB.com’s Jane Lee. The Athletics outfielder was battling a left thumb strain but is good to go as he is playing in the field for the Sacramento River Cats tonight. He will DH for them on Saturday.
Though Cespedes was hitting .200 prior to his injury, he had hit three home runs in 47 trips to the plate. He is looking to build upon an impressive rookie campaign last year, when he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year voting to Mike Trout and tenth in the AL MVP race.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)