Apr 26, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes will likely be activated on Sunday, according to MLB.com’s Jane Lee. The Athletics outfielder was battling a left thumb strain but is good to go as he is playing in the field for the Sacramento River Cats tonight. He will DH for them on Saturday.
Though Cespedes was hitting .200 prior to his injury, he had hit three home runs in 47 trips to the plate. He is looking to build upon an impressive rookie campaign last year, when he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year voting to Mike Trout and tenth in the AL MVP race.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)