Apr 26, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes will likely be activated on Sunday, according to MLB.com’s Jane Lee. The Athletics outfielder was battling a left thumb strain but is good to go as he is playing in the field for the Sacramento River Cats tonight. He will DH for them on Saturday.
Though Cespedes was hitting .200 prior to his injury, he had hit three home runs in 47 trips to the plate. He is looking to build upon an impressive rookie campaign last year, when he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year voting to Mike Trout and tenth in the AL MVP race.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)