Apr 26, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes will likely be activated on Sunday, according to MLB.com’s Jane Lee. The Athletics outfielder was battling a left thumb strain but is good to go as he is playing in the field for the Sacramento River Cats tonight. He will DH for them on Saturday.
Though Cespedes was hitting .200 prior to his injury, he had hit three home runs in 47 trips to the plate. He is looking to build upon an impressive rookie campaign last year, when he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year voting to Mike Trout and tenth in the AL MVP race.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)