Apr 26, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes will likely be activated on Sunday, according to MLB.com’s Jane Lee. The Athletics outfielder was battling a left thumb strain but is good to go as he is playing in the field for the Sacramento River Cats tonight. He will DH for them on Saturday.
Though Cespedes was hitting .200 prior to his injury, he had hit three home runs in 47 trips to the plate. He is looking to build upon an impressive rookie campaign last year, when he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year voting to Mike Trout and tenth in the AL MVP race.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 77
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (78)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)