Apr 27, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Outfielder Jason Kubel will be ready to rejoin the Diamondbacks’ lineup on May 1 after he makes a few rehab starts with Triple-A Reno. Kubel is recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which dampened his hot start to the season. In his first eight games, he hit .333 with two home runs.
Meanwhile, Didi Gregorius had a CT scan on his head and told the media this afternoon that everything is looking good. Gregorius was hit in the head by Rockies pitcher Josh Outman yesterday. Though satisfied with the test results, he will confer with a team doctor before deciding if a stint on the 7-day concussion disabled list is necessary, per Nick Piecoro.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)