Apr 27, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Outfielder Jason Kubel will be ready to rejoin the Diamondbacks’ lineup on May 1 after he makes a few rehab starts with Triple-A Reno. Kubel is recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which dampened his hot start to the season. In his first eight games, he hit .333 with two home runs.
Meanwhile, Didi Gregorius had a CT scan on his head and told the media this afternoon that everything is looking good. Gregorius was hit in the head by Rockies pitcher Josh Outman yesterday. Though satisfied with the test results, he will confer with a team doctor before deciding if a stint on the 7-day concussion disabled list is necessary, per Nick Piecoro.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (143)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)