Apr 27, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Outfielder Jason Kubel will be ready to rejoin the Diamondbacks’ lineup on May 1 after he makes a few rehab starts with Triple-A Reno. Kubel is recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which dampened his hot start to the season. In his first eight games, he hit .333 with two home runs.
Meanwhile, Didi Gregorius had a CT scan on his head and told the media this afternoon that everything is looking good. Gregorius was hit in the head by Rockies pitcher Josh Outman yesterday. Though satisfied with the test results, he will confer with a team doctor before deciding if a stint on the 7-day concussion disabled list is necessary, per Nick Piecoro.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)