Apr 27, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Outfielder Jason Kubel will be ready to rejoin the Diamondbacks’ lineup on May 1 after he makes a few rehab starts with Triple-A Reno. Kubel is recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which dampened his hot start to the season. In his first eight games, he hit .333 with two home runs.
Meanwhile, Didi Gregorius had a CT scan on his head and told the media this afternoon that everything is looking good. Gregorius was hit in the head by Rockies pitcher Josh Outman yesterday. Though satisfied with the test results, he will confer with a team doctor before deciding if a stint on the 7-day concussion disabled list is necessary, per Nick Piecoro.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)