Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Dodgers due to a split nail on his right index finger. Segura suffered the injury fielding grounders during batting practice, according to Tom Haudricourt. Alex Gonzalez will take over at shortstop and bat eighth, while Blake Lalli will start at first base batting seventh.
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez has also been scratched from the Dodgers’ lineup. Details haven’t been released as to why Gonzalez is out yet. Jerry Hairston will replace him and bat sixth. Gonzalez’s night off ends his perfect attendance, as he had played in all 22 of the Dodgers’ games.
Update (8:40 PM): Haudricourt tweets that a small skin infection is the reason Gonzalez is out of the lineup.
Dodgers say Adrian Gonzalez scratched with “small skin infection” on right leg. At hospital now but will return and be available to play.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 28, 2013
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)