Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Dodgers due to a split nail on his right index finger. Segura suffered the injury fielding grounders during batting practice, according to Tom Haudricourt. Alex Gonzalez will take over at shortstop and bat eighth, while Blake Lalli will start at first base batting seventh.
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez has also been scratched from the Dodgers’ lineup. Details haven’t been released as to why Gonzalez is out yet. Jerry Hairston will replace him and bat sixth. Gonzalez’s night off ends his perfect attendance, as he had played in all 22 of the Dodgers’ games.
Update (8:40 PM): Haudricourt tweets that a small skin infection is the reason Gonzalez is out of the lineup.
Dodgers say Adrian Gonzalez scratched with “small skin infection” on right leg. At hospital now but will return and be available to play.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 28, 2013
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)