Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Dodgers due to a split nail on his right index finger. Segura suffered the injury fielding grounders during batting practice, according to Tom Haudricourt. Alex Gonzalez will take over at shortstop and bat eighth, while Blake Lalli will start at first base batting seventh.
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez has also been scratched from the Dodgers’ lineup. Details haven’t been released as to why Gonzalez is out yet. Jerry Hairston will replace him and bat sixth. Gonzalez’s night off ends his perfect attendance, as he had played in all 22 of the Dodgers’ games.
Update (8:40 PM): Haudricourt tweets that a small skin infection is the reason Gonzalez is out of the lineup.
Dodgers say Adrian Gonzalez scratched with “small skin infection” on right leg. At hospital now but will return and be available to play.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 28, 2013
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)