Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Dodgers due to a split nail on his right index finger. Segura suffered the injury fielding grounders during batting practice, according to Tom Haudricourt. Alex Gonzalez will take over at shortstop and bat eighth, while Blake Lalli will start at first base batting seventh.
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez has also been scratched from the Dodgers’ lineup. Details haven’t been released as to why Gonzalez is out yet. Jerry Hairston will replace him and bat sixth. Gonzalez’s night off ends his perfect attendance, as he had played in all 22 of the Dodgers’ games.
Update (8:40 PM): Haudricourt tweets that a small skin infection is the reason Gonzalez is out of the lineup.
Dodgers say Adrian Gonzalez scratched with “small skin infection” on right leg. At hospital now but will return and be available to play.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 28, 2013
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)