Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Dodgers due to a split nail on his right index finger. Segura suffered the injury fielding grounders during batting practice, according to Tom Haudricourt. Alex Gonzalez will take over at shortstop and bat eighth, while Blake Lalli will start at first base batting seventh.
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez has also been scratched from the Dodgers’ lineup. Details haven’t been released as to why Gonzalez is out yet. Jerry Hairston will replace him and bat sixth. Gonzalez’s night off ends his perfect attendance, as he had played in all 22 of the Dodgers’ games.
Update (8:40 PM): Haudricourt tweets that a small skin infection is the reason Gonzalez is out of the lineup.
Dodgers say Adrian Gonzalez scratched with “small skin infection” on right leg. At hospital now but will return and be available to play.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 28, 2013
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)