Apr 27, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko notes that Freddy Garcia may opt out of his contract with the Orioles after he makes his next start with Triple-A Norfolk, meaning the team will soon be forced to make a decision about the right-hander. The 36-year-old currently has a 2.61 ERA in 25.2 innings with a cool 16-to-2 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
The Orioles demoted Jake Arrieta after his April 21 start, his fourth, left his ERA at an unsightly 6.63. However, he tossed six scoreless innings with Norfolk in his most recent start and will be the team’s main consideration in making a decision on Garcia’s future. Josh Stinson was promoted in Arrieta’s absence, but he got hit around by the Blue Jays and was immediately sent back down to Norfolk.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)