Apr 27, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko notes that Freddy Garcia may opt out of his contract with the Orioles after he makes his next start with Triple-A Norfolk, meaning the team will soon be forced to make a decision about the right-hander. The 36-year-old currently has a 2.61 ERA in 25.2 innings with a cool 16-to-2 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
The Orioles demoted Jake Arrieta after his April 21 start, his fourth, left his ERA at an unsightly 6.63. However, he tossed six scoreless innings with Norfolk in his most recent start and will be the team’s main consideration in making a decision on Garcia’s future. Josh Stinson was promoted in Arrieta’s absence, but he got hit around by the Blue Jays and was immediately sent back down to Norfolk.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)