Apr 27, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko notes that Freddy Garcia may opt out of his contract with the Orioles after he makes his next start with Triple-A Norfolk, meaning the team will soon be forced to make a decision about the right-hander. The 36-year-old currently has a 2.61 ERA in 25.2 innings with a cool 16-to-2 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
The Orioles demoted Jake Arrieta after his April 21 start, his fourth, left his ERA at an unsightly 6.63. However, he tossed six scoreless innings with Norfolk in his most recent start and will be the team’s main consideration in making a decision on Garcia’s future. Josh Stinson was promoted in Arrieta’s absence, but he got hit around by the Blue Jays and was immediately sent back down to Norfolk.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)