Apr 27, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Orioles backup catcher Taylor Teagarden left today’s game against the Athletics with a dislocated thumb caused by a foul tip. He will be reevaluated tomorrow, but he is expected to miss three to four weeks, tweets Dan Connolly. In his absence, the Orioles will likely call up Luis Exposito from Triple-A Norfolk.
Teagarden had yet to log his first hit of the 2013 season, entering this afternoon’s game with no hits in 11 at-bats. Before leaving the game today, he was 0-for-2 with a strikeout. Exposito hit .046 in 22 trips to the plate with the Orioles last year and is hitting .218 with the Tides to start 2013.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)