Apr 27, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Orioles backup catcher Taylor Teagarden left today’s game against the Athletics with a dislocated thumb caused by a foul tip. He will be reevaluated tomorrow, but he is expected to miss three to four weeks, tweets Dan Connolly. In his absence, the Orioles will likely call up Luis Exposito from Triple-A Norfolk.
Teagarden had yet to log his first hit of the 2013 season, entering this afternoon’s game with no hits in 11 at-bats. Before leaving the game today, he was 0-for-2 with a strikeout. Exposito hit .046 in 22 trips to the plate with the Orioles last year and is hitting .218 with the Tides to start 2013.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)