Apr 27, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Orioles backup catcher Taylor Teagarden left today’s game against the Athletics with a dislocated thumb caused by a foul tip. He will be reevaluated tomorrow, but he is expected to miss three to four weeks, tweets Dan Connolly. In his absence, the Orioles will likely call up Luis Exposito from Triple-A Norfolk.
Teagarden had yet to log his first hit of the 2013 season, entering this afternoon’s game with no hits in 11 at-bats. Before leaving the game today, he was 0-for-2 with a strikeout. Exposito hit .046 in 22 trips to the plate with the Orioles last year and is hitting .218 with the Tides to start 2013.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (76)