Apr 27, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Orioles backup catcher Taylor Teagarden left today’s game against the Athletics with a dislocated thumb caused by a foul tip. He will be reevaluated tomorrow, but he is expected to miss three to four weeks, tweets Dan Connolly. In his absence, the Orioles will likely call up Luis Exposito from Triple-A Norfolk.
Teagarden had yet to log his first hit of the 2013 season, entering this afternoon’s game with no hits in 11 at-bats. Before leaving the game today, he was 0-for-2 with a strikeout. Exposito hit .046 in 22 trips to the plate with the Orioles last year and is hitting .218 with the Tides to start 2013.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 0
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 78
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 61
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)