Apr 28, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Wells, owner of a respectable 108 career OPS+, has now been designated for assignment three times this month. He began the year with Seattle, then moved to the Blue Jays and eventually the A’s. It shouldn’t take long for him to land with his fourth team of 2013.
Cespedes missed exactly 15 days with a strained muscle in his left hand. He had three home runs and seven RBI in 11 games before suffering the injury and is batting cleanup in his return to action Sunday afternoon against the Orioles.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 0
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)