Apr 28, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Wells, owner of a respectable 108 career OPS+, has now been designated for assignment three times this month. He began the year with Seattle, then moved to the Blue Jays and eventually the A’s. It shouldn’t take long for him to land with his fourth team of 2013.
Cespedes missed exactly 15 days with a strained muscle in his left hand. He had three home runs and seven RBI in 11 games before suffering the injury and is batting cleanup in his return to action Sunday afternoon against the Orioles.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)