Apr 28, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Wells, owner of a respectable 108 career OPS+, has now been designated for assignment three times this month. He began the year with Seattle, then moved to the Blue Jays and eventually the A’s. It shouldn’t take long for him to land with his fourth team of 2013.
Cespedes missed exactly 15 days with a strained muscle in his left hand. He had three home runs and seven RBI in 11 games before suffering the injury and is batting cleanup in his return to action Sunday afternoon against the Orioles.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)