Apr 28, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Wells, owner of a respectable 108 career OPS+, has now been designated for assignment three times this month. He began the year with Seattle, then moved to the Blue Jays and eventually the A’s. It shouldn’t take long for him to land with his fourth team of 2013.
Cespedes missed exactly 15 days with a strained muscle in his left hand. He had three home runs and seven RBI in 11 games before suffering the injury and is batting cleanup in his return to action Sunday afternoon against the Orioles.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)