Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
It’s called “Bryce Begins.” Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post explains:
The film draws on MLB Productions’s access to the imagery and behind-the-scenes footage of Harper’s time with the Nats, and the hundreds of hours [filmmaker Jess Atkinson] spent with Harper and his family in 12 different cities over the past two years. It draws on a half-dozen lengthy sit-down interviews with Harper, countless casual encounters, and interviews with Harper’s father Ron, agent Scott Boras, high school coach Sam Thomas, teammate Ryan Zimmerman, [Cal Ripken, Jr.], Mike Trout and many others.
Sounds like it will be worth checking out. Harper, who doesn’t turn 21 years old until mid-October, entered play Sunday with an outrageous .373/.453/.783 slash line in 95 plate appearances. He is on pace for 62 homers and 122 RBI.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47