Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
It’s called “Bryce Begins.” Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post explains:
The film draws on MLB Productions’s access to the imagery and behind-the-scenes footage of Harper’s time with the Nats, and the hundreds of hours [filmmaker Jess Atkinson] spent with Harper and his family in 12 different cities over the past two years. It draws on a half-dozen lengthy sit-down interviews with Harper, countless casual encounters, and interviews with Harper’s father Ron, agent Scott Boras, high school coach Sam Thomas, teammate Ryan Zimmerman, [Cal Ripken, Jr.], Mike Trout and many others.
Sounds like it will be worth checking out. Harper, who doesn’t turn 21 years old until mid-October, entered play Sunday with an outrageous .373/.453/.783 slash line in 95 plate appearances. He is on pace for 62 homers and 122 RBI.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)