Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
It’s called “Bryce Begins.” Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post explains:
The film draws on MLB Productions’s access to the imagery and behind-the-scenes footage of Harper’s time with the Nats, and the hundreds of hours [filmmaker Jess Atkinson] spent with Harper and his family in 12 different cities over the past two years. It draws on a half-dozen lengthy sit-down interviews with Harper, countless casual encounters, and interviews with Harper’s father Ron, agent Scott Boras, high school coach Sam Thomas, teammate Ryan Zimmerman, [Cal Ripken, Jr.], Mike Trout and many others.
Sounds like it will be worth checking out. Harper, who doesn’t turn 21 years old until mid-October, entered play Sunday with an outrageous .373/.453/.783 slash line in 95 plate appearances. He is on pace for 62 homers and 122 RBI.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)