Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
It’s called “Bryce Begins.” Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post explains:
The film draws on MLB Productions’s access to the imagery and behind-the-scenes footage of Harper’s time with the Nats, and the hundreds of hours [filmmaker Jess Atkinson] spent with Harper and his family in 12 different cities over the past two years. It draws on a half-dozen lengthy sit-down interviews with Harper, countless casual encounters, and interviews with Harper’s father Ron, agent Scott Boras, high school coach Sam Thomas, teammate Ryan Zimmerman, [Cal Ripken, Jr.], Mike Trout and many others.
Sounds like it will be worth checking out. Harper, who doesn’t turn 21 years old until mid-October, entered play Sunday with an outrageous .373/.453/.783 slash line in 95 plate appearances. He is on pace for 62 homers and 122 RBI.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 57
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)