Apr 28, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Via the Diamondbacks’ official Twitter feed:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 28, 2013
Kubel was scheduled to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the 14-10 Diamondbacks have suddenly scrapped that plan. Kubel wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained left quadriceps muscle. He went 3-for-4 with a home run Saturday in an extended spring training game.
The 30-year-old had a .975 OPS, two home runs and six RBI in 32 plate appearances before the injury.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69