Apr 28, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Via the Diamondbacks’ official Twitter feed:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 28, 2013
Kubel was scheduled to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the 14-10 Diamondbacks have suddenly scrapped that plan. Kubel wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained left quadriceps muscle. He went 3-for-4 with a home run Saturday in an extended spring training game.
The 30-year-old had a .975 OPS, two home runs and six RBI in 32 plate appearances before the injury.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)