Apr 28, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
Via the Diamondbacks’ official Twitter feed:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 28, 2013
Kubel was scheduled to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the 14-10 Diamondbacks have suddenly scrapped that plan. Kubel wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained left quadriceps muscle. He went 3-for-4 with a home run Saturday in an extended spring training game.
The 30-year-old had a .975 OPS, two home runs and six RBI in 32 plate appearances before the injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)