Apr 28, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Via the Diamondbacks’ official Twitter feed:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 28, 2013
Kubel was scheduled to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the 14-10 Diamondbacks have suddenly scrapped that plan. Kubel wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained left quadriceps muscle. He went 3-for-4 with a home run Saturday in an extended spring training game.
The 30-year-old had a .975 OPS, two home runs and six RBI in 32 plate appearances before the injury.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)