Apr 28, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Didi Gregorius was hit in the head with a Josh Outman fastball on Friday and told the media yesterday that his CT scan looked good. However, after meeting with team doctors today, he has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list retroactive to April 27, per the team’s official Twitter. The Diamondbacks’ prospect was hitting .407 in 30 trips to the plate prior to his injury.
The 7-day DL was first implemented in 2011 to encourage teams to be more mindful of player safety when it comes to concussions. As the NFL has shown us, it is a terrible idea to take concussions lightly as they can lead to memory loss, depression, and in some unfortunate cases, motivate suicide.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)