Apr 28, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Didi Gregorius was hit in the head with a Josh Outman fastball on Friday and told the media yesterday that his CT scan looked good. However, after meeting with team doctors today, he has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list retroactive to April 27, per the team’s official Twitter. The Diamondbacks’ prospect was hitting .407 in 30 trips to the plate prior to his injury.
The 7-day DL was first implemented in 2011 to encourage teams to be more mindful of player safety when it comes to concussions. As the NFL has shown us, it is a terrible idea to take concussions lightly as they can lead to memory loss, depression, and in some unfortunate cases, motivate suicide.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)