Apr 28, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Didi Gregorius was hit in the head with a Josh Outman fastball on Friday and told the media yesterday that his CT scan looked good. However, after meeting with team doctors today, he has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list retroactive to April 27, per the team’s official Twitter. The Diamondbacks’ prospect was hitting .407 in 30 trips to the plate prior to his injury.
The 7-day DL was first implemented in 2011 to encourage teams to be more mindful of player safety when it comes to concussions. As the NFL has shown us, it is a terrible idea to take concussions lightly as they can lead to memory loss, depression, and in some unfortunate cases, motivate suicide.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)