Apr 28, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Didi Gregorius was hit in the head with a Josh Outman fastball on Friday and told the media yesterday that his CT scan looked good. However, after meeting with team doctors today, he has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list retroactive to April 27, per the team’s official Twitter. The Diamondbacks’ prospect was hitting .407 in 30 trips to the plate prior to his injury.
The 7-day DL was first implemented in 2011 to encourage teams to be more mindful of player safety when it comes to concussions. As the NFL has shown us, it is a terrible idea to take concussions lightly as they can lead to memory loss, depression, and in some unfortunate cases, motivate suicide.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)