Apr 28, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is scheduled to play in minor league rehab games at High-A Potomac on Tuesday and Wednesday and is expected to be activated from the 15-day disabled list for Friday’s series-opener against the Pirates.
This according to MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
Zimmerman has been sidelined since April 17 with a left hamstring strain. He was batting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, two doubles and 11 RBI in 61 plate appearances before suffering the injury.
The Nationals will likely send Anthony Rendon back to Double-A Harrisburg when Zimmerman is officially added to the active 25-man roster. Rendon is hitting .167/.211/.222 in his first five major league games.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11