Apr 28, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is scheduled to play in minor league rehab games at High-A Potomac on Tuesday and Wednesday and is expected to be activated from the 15-day disabled list for Friday’s series-opener against the Pirates.
This according to MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
Zimmerman has been sidelined since April 17 with a left hamstring strain. He was batting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, two doubles and 11 RBI in 61 plate appearances before suffering the injury.
The Nationals will likely send Anthony Rendon back to Double-A Harrisburg when Zimmerman is officially added to the active 25-man roster. Rendon is hitting .167/.211/.222 in his first five major league games.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 4
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)