Apr 28, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is scheduled to play in minor league rehab games at High-A Potomac on Tuesday and Wednesday and is expected to be activated from the 15-day disabled list for Friday’s series-opener against the Pirates.
This according to MLB.com’s Bill Ladson.
Zimmerman has been sidelined since April 17 with a left hamstring strain. He was batting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, two doubles and 11 RBI in 61 plate appearances before suffering the injury.
The Nationals will likely send Anthony Rendon back to Double-A Harrisburg when Zimmerman is officially added to the active 25-man roster. Rendon is hitting .167/.211/.222 in his first five major league games.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)