Apr 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Tests taken this weekend ruled out structural damage, but Burnett has been experiencing arm discomfort for the past couple of weeks and needs some time off to get back to full strength.
“It doesn’t seem like it’s too serious,” Burnett told reporters on Sunday afternoon. “There’s no structural damage. It’s more frustrating than anything.”
The 30-year-old southpaw has yielded eight hits and four walks in 8 2/3 innings this season but has surrendered only one earned run. He signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with Anaheim this past winter.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)