Apr 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Tests taken this weekend ruled out structural damage, but Burnett has been experiencing arm discomfort for the past couple of weeks and needs some time off to get back to full strength.
“It doesn’t seem like it’s too serious,” Burnett told reporters on Sunday afternoon. “There’s no structural damage. It’s more frustrating than anything.”
The 30-year-old southpaw has yielded eight hits and four walks in 8 2/3 innings this season but has surrendered only one earned run. He signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with Anaheim this past winter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)