Apr 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Tests taken this weekend ruled out structural damage, but Burnett has been experiencing arm discomfort for the past couple of weeks and needs some time off to get back to full strength.
“It doesn’t seem like it’s too serious,” Burnett told reporters on Sunday afternoon. “There’s no structural damage. It’s more frustrating than anything.”
The 30-year-old southpaw has yielded eight hits and four walks in 8 2/3 innings this season but has surrendered only one earned run. He signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with Anaheim this past winter.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8