Apr 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Tests taken this weekend ruled out structural damage, but Burnett has been experiencing arm discomfort for the past couple of weeks and needs some time off to get back to full strength.
“It doesn’t seem like it’s too serious,” Burnett told reporters on Sunday afternoon. “There’s no structural damage. It’s more frustrating than anything.”
The 30-year-old southpaw has yielded eight hits and four walks in 8 2/3 innings this season but has surrendered only one earned run. He signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with Anaheim this past winter.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)