Apr 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Tests taken this weekend ruled out structural damage, but Burnett has been experiencing arm discomfort for the past couple of weeks and needs some time off to get back to full strength.
“It doesn’t seem like it’s too serious,” Burnett told reporters on Sunday afternoon. “There’s no structural damage. It’s more frustrating than anything.”
The 30-year-old southpaw has yielded eight hits and four walks in 8 2/3 innings this season but has surrendered only one earned run. He signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with Anaheim this past winter.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)