Apr 28, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
According to the official White Sox Twitter feed, right-handed starter Gavin Floyd has been placed on 15-day disabled list with a flexor muscle strain in his right elbow. Deunte Heath, a reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to fill the roster vacancy.
Floyd suffered the elbow strain Saturday in the third inning of an eventual 10-4 loss to the Rays. He wound up allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 frames and now has a 5.18 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season.
Floyd also had a flexor strain last year and missed around three weeks.
Hector Santiago will take his spot in the White Sox starting rotation.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)