Apr 28, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
According to the official White Sox Twitter feed, right-handed starter Gavin Floyd has been placed on 15-day disabled list with a flexor muscle strain in his right elbow. Deunte Heath, a reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to fill the roster vacancy.
Floyd suffered the elbow strain Saturday in the third inning of an eventual 10-4 loss to the Rays. He wound up allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 frames and now has a 5.18 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season.
Floyd also had a flexor strain last year and missed around three weeks.
Hector Santiago will take his spot in the White Sox starting rotation.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)