Apr 28, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
According to the official White Sox Twitter feed, right-handed starter Gavin Floyd has been placed on 15-day disabled list with a flexor muscle strain in his right elbow. Deunte Heath, a reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to fill the roster vacancy.
Floyd suffered the elbow strain Saturday in the third inning of an eventual 10-4 loss to the Rays. He wound up allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 frames and now has a 5.18 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season.
Floyd also had a flexor strain last year and missed around three weeks.
Hector Santiago will take his spot in the White Sox starting rotation.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)