Apr 28, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
According to the official White Sox Twitter feed, right-handed starter Gavin Floyd has been placed on 15-day disabled list with a flexor muscle strain in his right elbow. Deunte Heath, a reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to fill the roster vacancy.
Floyd suffered the elbow strain Saturday in the third inning of an eventual 10-4 loss to the Rays. He wound up allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 frames and now has a 5.18 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season.
Floyd also had a flexor strain last year and missed around three weeks.
Hector Santiago will take his spot in the White Sox starting rotation.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 17
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)