Apr 28, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
According to the official White Sox Twitter feed, right-handed starter Gavin Floyd has been placed on 15-day disabled list with a flexor muscle strain in his right elbow. Deunte Heath, a reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to fill the roster vacancy.
Floyd suffered the elbow strain Saturday in the third inning of an eventual 10-4 loss to the Rays. He wound up allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 frames and now has a 5.18 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season.
Floyd also had a flexor strain last year and missed around three weeks.
Hector Santiago will take his spot in the White Sox starting rotation.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)