Apr 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
St. Louis has demoted Rzepczynski to Triple-A following a rough start to the season that included the left-hander allowing seven runs on 13 hits in eight innings.
Rzepczynski hasn’t been in the minors since 2010 and at age 27 heads there now with a 4.17 ERA in 242 innings spread over 175 appearances. He was acquired from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but was inconsistent enough last season that the Cardinals signed Randy Choate to serve as their primary left-handed specialist.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)