Apr 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
St. Louis has demoted Rzepczynski to Triple-A following a rough start to the season that included the left-hander allowing seven runs on 13 hits in eight innings.
Rzepczynski hasn’t been in the minors since 2010 and at age 27 heads there now with a 4.17 ERA in 242 innings spread over 175 appearances. He was acquired from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but was inconsistent enough last season that the Cardinals signed Randy Choate to serve as their primary left-handed specialist.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)