Apr 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
St. Louis has demoted Rzepczynski to Triple-A following a rough start to the season that included the left-hander allowing seven runs on 13 hits in eight innings.
Rzepczynski hasn’t been in the minors since 2010 and at age 27 heads there now with a 4.17 ERA in 242 innings spread over 175 appearances. He was acquired from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but was inconsistent enough last season that the Cardinals signed Randy Choate to serve as their primary left-handed specialist.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)