Apr 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
St. Louis has demoted Rzepczynski to Triple-A following a rough start to the season that included the left-hander allowing seven runs on 13 hits in eight innings.
Rzepczynski hasn’t been in the minors since 2010 and at age 27 heads there now with a 4.17 ERA in 242 innings spread over 175 appearances. He was acquired from the Blue Jays in mid-2011, but was inconsistent enough last season that the Cardinals signed Randy Choate to serve as their primary left-handed specialist.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (239)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)