Apr 29, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
David Wright was scratched from the Mets’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins with a sore neck and manager Terry Collins called him “day-to-day.”
Justin Turner is drawing the start at third base in place of Wright, who started each of the Mets’ first 23 games after dealing with a rib injury during the World Baseball Classic.
Wright has hit .309 with two homers and a .942 OPS so far this season and missed just six games last year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)