Apr 29, 2013, 4:51 PM EST
David Wright was scratched from the Mets’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins with a sore neck and manager Terry Collins called him “day-to-day.”
Justin Turner is drawing the start at third base in place of Wright, who started each of the Mets’ first 23 games after dealing with a rib injury during the World Baseball Classic.
Wright has hit .309 with two homers and a .942 OPS so far this season and missed just six games last year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)