Apr 29, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
David Wright was scratched from the Mets’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins with a sore neck and manager Terry Collins called him “day-to-day.”
Justin Turner is drawing the start at third base in place of Wright, who started each of the Mets’ first 23 games after dealing with a rib injury during the World Baseball Classic.
Wright has hit .309 with two homers and a .942 OPS so far this season and missed just six games last year.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59