Apr 29, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
Ramirez, who had surgery on March 22 to repair a torn thumb ligament, went 3-for-6 with a double and three RBI during a brief two-game rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque. He is available off the bench tonight and will likely be in the lineup tomorrow for his Bobblehead Night. Nice timing.
Kershaw can remain on the bereavement list for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven. According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, he is still likely to make his next scheduled start Friday against the Giants in San Francisco.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 19
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)