Apr 29, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Ramirez, who had surgery on March 22 to repair a torn thumb ligament, went 3-for-6 with a double and three RBI during a brief two-game rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque. He is available off the bench tonight and will likely be in the lineup tomorrow for his Bobblehead Night. Nice timing.
Kershaw can remain on the bereavement list for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven. According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, he is still likely to make his next scheduled start Friday against the Giants in San Francisco.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)