Apr 29, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Ramirez, who had surgery on March 22 to repair a torn thumb ligament, went 3-for-6 with a double and three RBI during a brief two-game rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque. He is available off the bench tonight and will likely be in the lineup tomorrow for his Bobblehead Night. Nice timing.
Kershaw can remain on the bereavement list for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven. According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, he is still likely to make his next scheduled start Friday against the Giants in San Francisco.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 24
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (100)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)