Apr 29, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
My weekend: a quickie trip to Detroit where I saw my Braves look pathetic on Saturday afternoon. But bad baseball is better than good nothin’, so it was a fine weekend. Here’s what else went down:
- This has nothing to do with baseball, but holy crap this is a detailed article about the Magnum T.A.-Tully Blanchard feud of 1985-86, and you probably should read it.
- It’s all fun and games until they become self-aware.
- Multiple homers is nice, but the Braves will know Brian McCann is ready to contribute to their offense once he has multiple strikeouts in a rehab game.
- A Mariners prospect has some bad health news.
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey.
- An “umpireless game.”
- Jonathan Sanchez suspended for throwing at someone’s head? Like he could even hit it if he tried.
- Spinal Tap:Drummers::Dodgers:Starting pitchers.
- Die Hards. Dying fairly easily, it seems.
- Chooch is back.
- Matt Moore is taking care of business.
- Bryce Harper gets a documentary. He’s 20. How long can it be?
- Yasiel Puig arrested.
- Kevin Correia is junk-ballin’ ‘em to death.
- David Price and Tom Hallion call each other liars. This should end well.
- You can’t steal first base, but you can steal second, third and home.
- Glen Perkins: Twitter hero.
- Troy Tulowitzki got hurt.
On into the week, my friends.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)