HBT Weekend Wrap

Apr 29, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT

Tully Blanchard

My weekend: a quickie trip to Detroit where I saw my Braves look pathetic on Saturday afternoon. But bad baseball is better than good nothin’, so it was a fine weekend.  Here’s what else went down:

On into the week, my friends.

1. mattintoledo - Apr 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I hadn’t heard that Matt Moore had resorted to car theft.

2. heyblueyoustink - Apr 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

“Bryce Harper gets a documentary. He’s 20. How long can it be?”

Your’s is not to reason why Calcaterra, yours is only to offer appropriate praise to the demi-god Bryce Daedalus Harper and his legion of undefeatable super heroes!

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I think we need some Freudian analysis of Craigs comment

• Old Gator - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I don’t see an mention of cigars in Craig’s comment. Let it ride.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Like BTO style let it ride?

• beelza - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Ah, Freudian unresolvable conflict that you reference is … penis envy.

• historiophiliac - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

All the fanboys on here make me uncomfortable. It’s creepy. Is that wrong?

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

( Pssssst, I write stuff like that to poke fun at fanboyism because it is creepy, like Scientology and junk )

• historiophiliac - Apr 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hey, I don’t need to know about anyone’s junk here! (Unless it’s a HBPiD — cuz that’s HILARIOUS!!!)

3. realgone2 - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Ah The Brainbusters. They used to have awesome matches with The Rockers.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

You, dear commenter, are a Marty Genetti connoisuer!

4. detroitr1 - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No mention of Anibal Sanchez setting the franchise record (112 years) of 17ks against the Braves? I’m sure that “Magnum T.A.-Tully Blanchard feud” is a fascinating read and all…

• Craig Calcaterra - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think I’ve made three separate references to the Tigers striking out scads of Braves this weekend.

As it is, this post is to link HBT posts from over the weekend. There wasn’t a dedicated post to Sanchez on Saturday or Sunday.

• Old Gator - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM

No mention of the Iron Giant’s Chthulhu-like emergence from his millennial slumber?

• historiophiliac - Apr 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM

There was Friday though…so, not like it was ignored. In fact, I think it even tweaked some Nats fans while at it.

5. dirtyharry1971 - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM

anyone see proudly on here lately? anyone? anywhere?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Come on now – no spiking the ball. He gets a little worked up about his team (and nation), but we all are guilty of that :)

6. mj2sexay - Apr 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Immediately walking over to my DVD player and popping in the SummerSlam classic between the Busters and the Hart Foundation.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Magnum. Him and Gino Hernandez are the two guys who’s careers were cut short before the expansion that I look at and think Vince could’ve really used. Bockwinkle as well if he wasn’t already 178 years old by the time Vince was ready to take over.

7. slickdemetrius - Apr 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Let me tell you something, Tully Blanchard was the man who created the Horsemen. Don’t be confused into thinking that that horse-faced Ric Flair (a poor man’s Buddy Landell) started the greatest group in pro wrestling.
    Now put that in your pipe and smoke it, nabe nabe.

8. thebadguyswon - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Dude….please mix more old school NWA into the stories! Awesome!

9. buffalomafia - Apr 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Braves over Tigers in World Series?

10. rdav29 - Apr 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Tully was the quintessential heel. Agree please more NWA references on this site!

• thebadguyswon - Apr 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Awesome to hear that Terry Allen had a successful career after wrestling.

Three legends off to Cooperstown