Apr 29, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
My weekend: a quickie trip to Detroit where I saw my Braves look pathetic on Saturday afternoon. But bad baseball is better than good nothin’, so it was a fine weekend. Here’s what else went down:
- This has nothing to do with baseball, but holy crap this is a detailed article about the Magnum T.A.-Tully Blanchard feud of 1985-86, and you probably should read it.
- It’s all fun and games until they become self-aware.
- Multiple homers is nice, but the Braves will know Brian McCann is ready to contribute to their offense once he has multiple strikeouts in a rehab game.
- A Mariners prospect has some bad health news.
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey.
- An “umpireless game.”
- Jonathan Sanchez suspended for throwing at someone’s head? Like he could even hit it if he tried.
- Spinal Tap:Drummers::Dodgers:Starting pitchers.
- Die Hards. Dying fairly easily, it seems.
- Chooch is back.
- Matt Moore is taking care of business.
- Bryce Harper gets a documentary. He’s 20. How long can it be?
- Yasiel Puig arrested.
- Kevin Correia is junk-ballin’ ’em to death.
- David Price and Tom Hallion call each other liars. This should end well.
- You can’t steal first base, but you can steal second, third and home.
- Glen Perkins: Twitter hero.
- Troy Tulowitzki got hurt.
On into the week, my friends.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 6
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 115
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)