Apr 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Motte and the Cardinals are trying to determine if he can avoid surgery to repair a torn elbow ligament. Previously the stated plan was to make a decision one way or another by May 1, but that may be put on hold for a bit to see if Motte can advance in his throwing program without any setbacks.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42