Apr 29, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Fun Fact: my lady friend and I stayed overnight in Detroit on Saturday night. Yesterday morning we were leaving our room to go out and get some breakfast and who should be waiting for the elevator on our floor but John Kruk. Yes: I spent the night on the same hotel floor as John Kruk. There aren’t enough showers in the world.
Anyway, the lady friend noticed that Kruk didn’t look so good, like maybe he had a bad night sleep or something. I dunno. He looked just like John Kruk to me, though I did wonder if some tossing and turning would have him off his game 12 hours later when he had to do color commentary for the ESPN broadcast. Nope, seems he was all good. Even called Miguel Cabrera‘s three-run homer just before he hit it:
Not bad. Much harder than calling something like, say, “this Braves hitter is about to strike out in ugly fashion,” which is something he could have said every at bat for the whole Tigers series and still had a pretty good prediction average.
Anyway, dirty secret: I kinda like John Kruk as booth guy so far. Like, way more than I thought I would.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)