Apr 29, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Fun Fact: my lady friend and I stayed overnight in Detroit on Saturday night. Yesterday morning we were leaving our room to go out and get some breakfast and who should be waiting for the elevator on our floor but John Kruk. Yes: I spent the night on the same hotel floor as John Kruk. There aren’t enough showers in the world.
Anyway, the lady friend noticed that Kruk didn’t look so good, like maybe he had a bad night sleep or something. I dunno. He looked just like John Kruk to me, though I did wonder if some tossing and turning would have him off his game 12 hours later when he had to do color commentary for the ESPN broadcast. Nope, seems he was all good. Even called Miguel Cabrera‘s three-run homer just before he hit it:
Not bad. Much harder than calling something like, say, “this Braves hitter is about to strike out in ugly fashion,” which is something he could have said every at bat for the whole Tigers series and still had a pretty good prediction average.
Anyway, dirty secret: I kinda like John Kruk as booth guy so far. Like, way more than I thought I would.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)