Apr 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Less than a week after returning from the disabled list Indians backup catcher Lou Marson is back on the DL, this time with a shoulder injury.
Cleveland recalled Yan Gomes from Triple-A to again take Marson’s spot on the roster. Gomes homered twice in six games when Marson was out with a neck injury previously.
Manager Terry Francona told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the shoulder problems date back to spring training and not being able to throw while sidelined with the neck injury was an issue.
Marson injured his neck in a homeplate collision.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 72
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 26
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 363
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)