Apr 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Less than a week after returning from the disabled list Indians backup catcher Lou Marson is back on the DL, this time with a shoulder injury.
Cleveland recalled Yan Gomes from Triple-A to again take Marson’s spot on the roster. Gomes homered twice in six games when Marson was out with a neck injury previously.
Manager Terry Francona told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the shoulder problems date back to spring training and not being able to throw while sidelined with the neck injury was an issue.
Marson injured his neck in a homeplate collision.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (250)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)