Apr 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Less than a week after returning from the disabled list Indians backup catcher Lou Marson is back on the DL, this time with a shoulder injury.
Cleveland recalled Yan Gomes from Triple-A to again take Marson’s spot on the roster. Gomes homered twice in six games when Marson was out with a neck injury previously.
Manager Terry Francona told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the shoulder problems date back to spring training and not being able to throw while sidelined with the neck injury was an issue.
Marson injured his neck in a homeplate collision.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)