Apr 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Less than a week after returning from the disabled list Indians backup catcher Lou Marson is back on the DL, this time with a shoulder injury.
Cleveland recalled Yan Gomes from Triple-A to again take Marson’s spot on the roster. Gomes homered twice in six games when Marson was out with a neck injury previously.
Manager Terry Francona told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the shoulder problems date back to spring training and not being able to throw while sidelined with the neck injury was an issue.
Marson injured his neck in a homeplate collision.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)