Apr 29, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders is back from the disabled list after missing the past two-and-a-half weeks with a sprained right shoulder.
Saunders wasn’t quite ready to rejoin Seattle’s lineup when first eligible, but is expected to draw most of the starts in center field with Franklin Gutierrez out.
Prior to injuring his shoulder Saunders started mostly in right field, hitting .286 with one homer and an .833 OPS in nine games, but he has plenty of experience in center field including 107 starts there last year.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)