Apr 29, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders is back from the disabled list after missing the past two-and-a-half weeks with a sprained right shoulder.
Saunders wasn’t quite ready to rejoin Seattle’s lineup when first eligible, but is expected to draw most of the starts in center field with Franklin Gutierrez out.
Prior to injuring his shoulder Saunders started mostly in right field, hitting .286 with one homer and an .833 OPS in nine games, but he has plenty of experience in center field including 107 starts there last year.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)