Apr 29, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders is back from the disabled list after missing the past two-and-a-half weeks with a sprained right shoulder.
Saunders wasn’t quite ready to rejoin Seattle’s lineup when first eligible, but is expected to draw most of the starts in center field with Franklin Gutierrez out.
Prior to injuring his shoulder Saunders started mostly in right field, hitting .286 with one homer and an .833 OPS in nine games, but he has plenty of experience in center field including 107 starts there last year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 123
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (124)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)