Apr 29, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders is back from the disabled list after missing the past two-and-a-half weeks with a sprained right shoulder.
Saunders wasn’t quite ready to rejoin Seattle’s lineup when first eligible, but is expected to draw most of the starts in center field with Franklin Gutierrez out.
Prior to injuring his shoulder Saunders started mostly in right field, hitting .286 with one homer and an .833 OPS in nine games, but he has plenty of experience in center field including 107 starts there last year.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)