Apr 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Taylor Teagarden fracturing his thumb put the Orioles in the market for some catching help and they acquired Chris Snyder from the Angels for reliever Rob Delaney (not to be confused with stand-up comedian/National Anthem singer Rob Delaney).
Snyder was once an above-average starting catcher for the Diamondbacks, but injuries have derailed his career and the Orioles are his third team this year. However, he was hitting .342 with seven homers and a 1.072 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A and Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the Orioles are expected to call him up to serve as Matt Wieters‘ backup.
For now Luis Exposito was added to the roster at catcher, but his stay is slated to be short-lived.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)