Apr 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Taylor Teagarden fracturing his thumb put the Orioles in the market for some catching help and they acquired Chris Snyder from the Angels for reliever Rob Delaney (not to be confused with stand-up comedian/National Anthem singer Rob Delaney).
Snyder was once an above-average starting catcher for the Diamondbacks, but injuries have derailed his career and the Orioles are his third team this year. However, he was hitting .342 with seven homers and a 1.072 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A and Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the Orioles are expected to call him up to serve as Matt Wieters‘ backup.
For now Luis Exposito was added to the roster at catcher, but his stay is slated to be short-lived.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (330)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)