Apr 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Taylor Teagarden fracturing his thumb put the Orioles in the market for some catching help and they acquired Chris Snyder from the Angels for reliever Rob Delaney (not to be confused with stand-up comedian/National Anthem singer Rob Delaney).
Snyder was once an above-average starting catcher for the Diamondbacks, but injuries have derailed his career and the Orioles are his third team this year. However, he was hitting .342 with seven homers and a 1.072 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A and Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the Orioles are expected to call him up to serve as Matt Wieters‘ backup.
For now Luis Exposito was added to the roster at catcher, but his stay is slated to be short-lived.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)