Apr 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Taylor Teagarden fracturing his thumb put the Orioles in the market for some catching help and they acquired Chris Snyder from the Angels for reliever Rob Delaney (not to be confused with stand-up comedian/National Anthem singer Rob Delaney).
Snyder was once an above-average starting catcher for the Diamondbacks, but injuries have derailed his career and the Orioles are his third team this year. However, he was hitting .342 with seven homers and a 1.072 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A and Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the Orioles are expected to call him up to serve as Matt Wieters‘ backup.
For now Luis Exposito was added to the roster at catcher, but his stay is slated to be short-lived.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40