Apr 29, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
This is one of those things that is so scary looking precisely because it almost looks fake. But it’s real: Kelly Nash (Twitter handle, Instagram page), who covers the Tampa Bay Rays for Fox Sun Sports, took a picture of herself in the Green Monster seats before the
Rays Astros-Red Sox game on Saturday. And in it she captured a batting practice home run almost crushing her head:
People who try to Photoshop fake ones like that never do such a good job. But this one is real, as the interplay with witnesses and others on her Twitter feed make clear.
Glad you lived to tell the tale, Kelly. And share the photo.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69