Apr 29, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The Toledo Mud Hens will be giving both groups of people the very best of both worlds with these Wookiee uniforms. The minor league squad will be sporting their Chewbacca (Han Solo’s first mate is of the Wookiee race, for those wondering) jerseys for their Star Wars promo over the weekend of May 4 and 5.
Thanks for the parenthetical, guys.
The jerseys are for the Mud Hens’ “Star Wars” weekend. Which is May 4th because of that whole “May the Fourth be with you” thing, which is even too geeky for a geek like me.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (79)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)