Apr 29, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The Toledo Mud Hens will be giving both groups of people the very best of both worlds with these Wookiee uniforms. The minor league squad will be sporting their Chewbacca (Han Solo’s first mate is of the Wookiee race, for those wondering) jerseys for their Star Wars promo over the weekend of May 4 and 5.
Thanks for the parenthetical, guys.
The jerseys are for the Mud Hens’ “Star Wars” weekend. Which is May 4th because of that whole “May the Fourth be with you” thing, which is even too geeky for a geek like me.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)