Apr 29, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Toledo Mud Hens will be giving both groups of people the very best of both worlds with these Wookiee uniforms. The minor league squad will be sporting their Chewbacca (Han Solo’s first mate is of the Wookiee race, for those wondering) jerseys for their Star Wars promo over the weekend of May 4 and 5.
Thanks for the parenthetical, guys.
The jerseys are for the Mud Hens’ “Star Wars” weekend. Which is May 4th because of that whole “May the Fourth be with you” thing, which is even too geeky for a geek like me.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)