Apr 29, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
While it was easy to think the worst given Tulowitzki’s lengthy injury history, fortunately this injury appears to be minor. According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes that the 28-year-old shortstop is “doing well” and might hit today. Assuming he doesn’t feel any lingering pain, he could return to the lineup as soon as tomorrow or Wednesday.
Tulowitzki is hitting .308/.394/.603 with six home runs, 22 RBI and a .996 OPS over 24 games this season for the surprising Rockies. He was limited to just 47 games last season due to a groin injury and hasn’t played more than 143 games in a season since 2009.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)