Apr 29, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
While it was easy to think the worst given Tulowitzki’s lengthy injury history, fortunately this injury appears to be minor. According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes that the 28-year-old shortstop is “doing well” and might hit today. Assuming he doesn’t feel any lingering pain, he could return to the lineup as soon as tomorrow or Wednesday.
Tulowitzki is hitting .308/.394/.603 with six home runs, 22 RBI and a .996 OPS over 24 games this season for the surprising Rockies. He was limited to just 47 games last season due to a groin injury and hasn’t played more than 143 games in a season since 2009.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)