After marathon game, Athletics so tired that Brandon Moss has to pie himself

Apr 30, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT

This is almost sad. The Athletic were so tired after playing 19 innings that hero of the game — Brandon Moss — had to hit himself in the face with a pie during his postgame interview with the CSN Bay Area folks:

1. heyblueyoustink - Apr 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM

PI R Good.

• awesomenar - Apr 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM

π(r²)

ftfy

2. mybrunoblog - Apr 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I’m kind of over the pie thing but that’s just me.
    Wow. Can things get worse for the Angels? 2 games out of last place, Hamilton is hitting .202, Pujols has the foot condition of a 70 year old man and trout looks like the second year around the league wont be as easy as his first.
    Im not normally a hater but I’m getting some enjoyment out of this. I know, I know, but c’mon it’s fun.

3. beefytrout - Apr 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Talk about a misleading headline… yeah, he hit himself with a pie. Then someone else hit him with a pie. Then a third dude gave him a gatorade shower.

• Senor Cardgage - Apr 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, it would have been funnier if his own pie was all there was.

4. indaburg - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Lonely is the man who has to pie himself.

5. bigleagues - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Those with MLB.tv should go watch Chris Young’s At Bat in the Bottom of the 10th. The game might have been over right then and there.

The only who might know if that ball might have hit the “O” sign is Mike Trout and he’ll probably never admit it.

• bigleagues - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

BTW, that clip does not include a shot showing that “O” sign about 5-10 feet behind the OF wall. But, if the ball his high enough up on the sign it could have played the way it did and come back into play.

6. Gobias Industries - May 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

What a coincidence. My wife was also so tired last night that I had to pie myself. So to speak.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet